With spring just around the corner and the sailing season open at Theewater Sports Club, the Sailing Academy welcomes in a new group of young sailors. Our popular Spring School Holiday Sailing Camp is filling up fast!
The 2018 school year starts in earnest on the 17th January, end the summer holidays on a high, sailing and having fun with your friends and family at Theewater Sports Club this weekend! The Sailing Academy will be running its last sailing camp of the school holidays between the 13th & 15th January. With summer in full swing, we look forward to a moderate breeze in the mornings from the north east - ideal for sail training, shifting to a south easterly in the afternoons, perfect for fun destination sails to Watermelon Bay!
Zeekoei Vlei Yacht Club hosted the first major dinghy regatta in the 2017/18 sailing season in the Western Cape. The Southern Charter Classic 1 was sailed on the weekend of the 2nd & 3rd September, with 90 odd boats competing across a variety of classes. The Academy entered five crews in the Topper Topaz class, while the Sports Club entered a further four crews, bringing the Theewater contingent to nine boats.
Over the past six weeks the Sailing Academy has provided sail training to two school groups and their teachers, totalling almost 100 people. The Academy facilitated the Melkbos Private School grade 11's camp at the end of January and provided a learn to sail component to the Somerset House Primary grade 6 annual camp in early March.
Here in Gordons Bay, the Cape Doctor is back and we saw whales in the bay while sailing at Yachties yesterday afternoon, that's a sure sign that summer is just around the corner! We have a busy summer sailing season this year with a variety of opportunities for you to get your feet wet and feel the wind on your cheeks as your dinghy powers across the water.
With a view to entering a team of at least five boats into the Southern Charter Classic dinghy series in the 2017/18 sailing season, the Sailing Academy has embarked on an intensive preseason Race Training clinic running over three weekends in August and September.
More Articles ...
- Yachties Learn To Sail program launches in Gordons Bay Honda Marine Cape assist by providing a safety boat
- Spring Holiday Youth Sailing Camp
- September Sail Training Schedule
- Safety Boat Course to launch 2016/2017 Sailing Season
- Grandslam 4 - Saldanha Bay Voelvlei Yacht Club
- Grandslam 3 - Hermanus Yacht Club
- Mid January Sail Training Weekend
- Grandslam 2 - Theewater Sports Club
- Grand Slam 1 - Zeekoe Vlei - Sept 2015
- September Race Training Report
- Grandslam 1 - Zeekoe Vlei Yacht Club
- Subaru Somerset West sponsors Academy sailors
- August Race Training Report
- Topaz Race X dinghy, a Class is born
- Long Weekend Sail Training
- Somerset House Sailing
- Keelboat Sail Training
- Keelboat Racing for the Academy Students
- Academy Sailors Perform at the 2015 Mirror World Champs
- Grandslam Dinghy Regatta at Theewater
- Sail Training over the 2014/2015 Festive Season
- SAS Accreiditation for Theewater Sailing Academy
- Spring Sail Training Weekend
- Seasons Opening Sail Training Weekend, 4th to 6th October 2014
- Demo Race X dinghy arrives
- SAS Accreditation scheduled for October
- Best Sail Training Dinghy
- Closing Cruise & Prize Giving
- Mirror Nationals 2014
- TSA Coaches & SAS Accreditation
- Youth Camp & Mirror Clinic - Jan 2014
- Intro to Sailing Xmas 2013
- September Youth Sailing Camp
- Learn to Sail - Sept Holidays
- Last Minute Sailing
- Sonnet Sailing in June
- Congratulations James
- Introduction to Sonnet Sailing
- Sailing in May, June & July '13
- Family Sailing Course - April '13
- Race Training Course April '13
- Youth Camp April '13
- Youth Sail Training Mar/Apr '13
- Sail Training Course Feb '13
- Sail Training Weekend Feb '13
- Youth Camp Jan '13
- Website Updated Jan '13